Page

Monday 24 June 2013

My perfect road trip-To The City of Lakes

“WOAOOOO” I nearly screamed while munching my all-time-favorite snack. The car seems to collect all its wits after moving around at its axis across a blind curve. Hey Tanmay, this is not done yar. We have got whole day reserved for travel. What’s there to hurry ? I Complained.


He gave me his familiar I-Told-You-So if I am gonna drive, I gave up. “No use. I should have taken your warning seriously” I mumbled while he kept enjoying swinging the steering of our #Renault Duster. 


Tanmay, my fiance is simply fond of his car and why not, after all its a precious possession we have which dig a deep hole in our pockets. Yes, mine and his both. Driving down to Udaipur from our hometown Jaipur was not a good idea suggested by every family member. But tanmay was keen upon not to hand over the steering to any other hand and I too didn't want anybody to invade our privacy in such a killing romantic weather. So, we set off to the city of Lakes bidding good bye to our ever enthusiastic family who have left no advice untold for a safe drive.

And look what he was up to as if he has bid farewell to all the safe drive tips. I would be partial if I ll keep blaming him for this, weather too called for a ZOOOOO-ZOOOOO-ING  ride in our Metallic Woodland Brown Beauty, splashing every thick and thin coming by our sides. I went on playing with the drops carelessly while he just couldn’t took his eyes off me.

I didn’t paid attention to the gentle drizzling turning into a heavy downpore, being lost in the thoughts of romancing at bank of #Fateh Sagar looking at the sun set. He pats me at my back and says “Kya hua ? Kaha ho ? Abi thoda time hai udaipur pahunchne mein” with a wink. (Hey What happened ? Where are you ? There is still more time to reach Udaipur). I just could not help and Blush While he could not resist and kiss me softly. Rain was getting heavy we decided to stop at the very first Dhaba which appeared. 


Aahhh…the aroma of rains !!!!! It’s still alive and rejuvenates with every monsoon. Of coarse we didn't expect the dhaba wala to understand any of our Mocha, Cappuccino or Frappe so Coffee was ordered for both along with the flavor of Kulhar which was used to serve it. Only thought which kept visiting out minds was- Thank God we came for this trip otherwise we would have missed the much awaited togetherness …Rain God showed some mercy and we finally boarded our Beauty.

Moving on, the road looked like a coiled serpent. Getting narrow with every turn it took and I admired tanmay’s driving skills with every move wheels took.


Our destination was an hour away and Sun showed its presence. Ohhhh ab ye kyn ?- I uttered (Oh why this now ?)It meant we need to close our windows replacing the touch of cool breeze with the output of AC coolant. And to my surprise after savoring the musky aroma of wet sand #Ambi Pur didn’t disappointed us. Lavender soon cast its spell on us and the rest of the journey was spent humming the romantic tracks together. 


In no time we reached Fateh Sagar and guess what

We were walking hands in hands looking at the setting sun……….


(A fiction work submitted for #The perfect Road Trip contest. For More visit http://www.facebook.com/AmbiPurIndia)

No comments:

Post a Comment